Our church wide Fall Day of Service will be Saturday, October 7, 2017. We will meet in Fellowship Hall at 9:00 a.m. for a continental breakfast (sponsored by The Journey Sunday School Class!), have a brief devotion and then depart to serve in our community. Wear your “The Church Has Left the Building” t-shirt if you have one (color does not matter!). There will be a limited number of t-shirts available if you do not have one. Below is a list of the Activities for the day. Most will last 2-3 hours, though some could be slightly longer. There are activities available for all age groups. You will notice that one of the activities deals with hygiene kits for the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR). We will be collecting the supplies needed and then assembling the kits on the 7th. All the information and sign-ups for the Day of Service can be found on the Sign-Up Genius.
- Belmont Hills Elementary – Working on nature trail on school campus/spreading pinestraw/cleaning parking lots etc.
- Green Acres Elementary – Spreading pine straw/cleaning grounds/planting flowers/landscaping
- Keep Smyrna Beautiful – Cleaning road signs along the King Springs corridor.
- Cookies for Christ-Packaging and delivering cookies to new businesses/housing developments as a “Welcome to Smyrna”!
- UMCOR Hygiene Kits – Putting together UMCOR Hygiene Kits. Specific needs for the kits are listed on Sign Up Genius.
- Visiting Friends -Cleaning, raking, trimming, yard work for Smyrna FUMC members in the community.
- Delmar Gardens-Visiting and fellowship with members of Smyrna FUMC and others.