Monday, March 27, 2017
So do not fear, for I am with you… Isaiah 41:10
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
(New International Version)
There was a brief period when I stopped praying to God and reading my daily devotional book. I was shut down from a life crisis. Now that I am back on my feet, I believe God was with me all along, and still is.
He saved me and brought peace and a sense of purpose back into my life. I am now able to notice and appreciate His countless blessings without searching for them. I am thankful:
- to wake up each morning, alive
- to be able to get up and ready for a job that I love
- for my two children, who are my love and joy of life
- to see my students excited to learn
- when my child runs to me with a smile and hugs me after work
- when I see the beauty of God’s creation in nature
- for friends and family checking on me at just the right time
- for God’s words
- for uplifting Christian music such as Laura Story’s “Blessings”:
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise.
Dear God, thank You for my life and all Your blessings. Please have the Holy Spirit work in me to give me strength, wisdom, and courage to face trials of this life and do the best I can with everything. Amen.
Kathy Yang Updegrove