Director of Sunday Nursery Ministries
Smyrna First UMC, a 2700-member church located in Smyrna, GA, is receiving applications for a full-time Facilities Manager. Salary is commensurate with experience, and the job description is available below.
Please send a resume and a one-page Christian testimony by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. Mail to Smyrna First UMC, Attn: Julia Shod, 1315 Concord Road, Smyrna, GA 30080.
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministries. Works in conjunction with Director of Children’s Ministries and with the Director of
Weekday Nursery Ministries.
Hours: 12 per week
- Job requires Sunday 8:00AM-12:30PM; however, the Director of Sunday Nursery Ministries is allotted 4 scheduled Sundays off per calendar year. (Inclusive of at home hours and baby visits)
- Has a passion sharing God’s love and word with the nursery aged children
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook; Knowledge of Shelby and Sign Up Genius are a plus.
- Must be willing to submit to a full background check..
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to attend baby visits.
- Must attend a staff meeting monthly.
- Must have a high school diploma.
Staffing and Scheduling
- Schedule all nursery staff for Sunday nurseries. Communicate all schedules via email; handle all changes, substitutions, etc.
- Maintain master file of families who utilize nursery regularly, including name, phone number and email address and maintain nursery rosters in Shelby.
- Attend visitation for every new baby born at the church.
- Regularly check and train all staff, both newly hired and ongoing.
- Check nurseries on Sunday before leaving to ensure that rooms are properly cleaned, sanitized and locked.
- Work with Nursery liaison to coordinate meal in a timely manner after the baby is born.
- Coordinate Baptism Breakfast for families who have had their babies baptized in the past year period.
- Work with Children’s and Nursery Council members and help recruit other volunteers to help in the nurseries on Sunday mornings.
- Plan and hold a bi-weekly planning meeting with Children’s Director to ensure curriculum is planned and prepared for Little Church and 2 and 3 year old nurseries.